Aluminium International Today Issue
Looking to the Future
As another year draws to a close, I think it is safe to say that this has been one of the most innovative and exciting years for the aluminium manufacturing industry.
Global industry leaders Alcoa and Rio Tinto joined forces to create a new, revolutionary way to make aluminium, which also produces pure oxygen. ‘Elysis’ as it is known, refers to the process at the centre of our industry, the electrolysis of alumina and suggests fundamental change.
This announcement was a huge industry first and paves the way for the future of aluminium production and what it stands for.
Since taking the reins of Aluminium International Today, it has been an interest of mine to drive the content to focus on the latest technologies helping to streamline efficiency and promote a sustainable working environment. This will be echoed at the next Future Aluminium Forum, which we announced at ALUMINIUM 2018.
You can find out how to be a part of the future by visiting: futurealuminiumforum.com As always, this issue includes a number of features dedicated to the topics of secondary processing, extrusion and sustainable practices. There is also a look at the latest products and projects across the value chain.
Although this is the final printed issue of 2018, keep a look out for the special digital ‘Highlights’ issue in December.
ALUMINUM ASSOCIATION UPDATE
- Aluminium scrap is more and more valuable
- Sustainable and profitable cross practices
- E-book helps recycling operations meet China’s new national standard
- Aluminium cycle: Machining, briquetting, melting
- First industrial LIBS system for separating aluminium scrap alloys
- Sorting makes sense
ALUMINIUM ASSOCIATION: FACE
- Why scrapping aluminium import duties will protect EU downstream
- US update extrusions: Extrusion demand on the increase
- Production trumps safety
- Energy utilisation modelling considerations
- Introducing the Aluminium Recyclers Council
- Keeping aluminium in the loop
- The best packaging materials for the circular economy
- Aluminium has the advantage
- Taster page
PRODUCTS & PROJECTS
FOCUS ON CLARIANT