Altech: Green bonds
30th July, 2021
Altech Chemicals Limited has announced that the preparations for the listed green bonds offering of $144 million, which will provide financial support for the company’s Malaysian High Purity Alumina (HPA) project, has now moved into its final stages. The project is expected to produce a 49% lower carbon footprint in comparison to conventional HPA.
29th July, 2021
Hydro has announced its plan to invest $48.3 million to in support the growing transportation, distribution, and industrial market segments Cressona, Pennsylvania.
Novelis $7 million expansion
28th July, 2021
Novelis announced the investment of over $7 million to hire 37 new employees and restart several pieces of idled equipment at its manufacturing facility in Terre Haute, Indiana.
Latest issue: July / Aug 2021
Virtual vs Reality
I’m writing this month’s news column surrounded by the hustle and bustle and distractions of my work colleagues, as we have all started a gradual return back into the office.
I have already had to write some of the sentences in this column more than once and my concentration is all over the place, as conversations are held across the office and the general excitement of interacting with real humans hasn’t worn off yet, but I wouldn’t have it any other way!
There are elements of working from home that I love (especially when it comes to trying to focus!) and I will enjoy savouring those moments from now on, with a more flexible ‘work/life’ balance going forward, but I have also really enjoyed getting back to the company of my…
19th July, 2021
- Raffmetal offers primary grade, low carbon alloys as part of its new Silval range
- Getting the competitive edge in manufacturing
- Could consistent collections boost aluminium packaging recycling rates?
- Innovative approach for recycling
- The significant contribution by Continuus-Properzi to a greener aluminium chain
- Why aluminium will be at the forefront of the post-COVID-19 housing boom
- Effective risk mitigation with Computer Vision AI
- TOMRA Sorting Recycling to showcase leading technology
- Technology in manufacturing: Why innovation must never stop