Ball to build alu cups plant
17th October, 2019
Ball Corporation will begin construction on its first dedicated aluminium cups manufacturing facility to serve the growing demand for innovative, sustainable beverage packaging for U.S. customers and consumers.
Aluminium space powder
16th October, 2019
HRL Additive, a new commercial effort by HRL Laboratories LLC, Malibu, Calif., has secured the first commercial sale of its 7A77 high-strength aluminium 3D-printing powder to NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Centre.
Can recycling up 74.5%
15th October, 2019
The overall recycling rate for aluminium beverage cans in the European Union, Switzerland, Norway and Iceland in 2017 rose 2.3% from 2016 (72.8%), to reach an all-time record 74.5% in 2017.
Latest issue: Sept/Oct 2019
Pack it in
I set myself a challenge this month. That challenge was to only buy products that came in either aluminium or glass packaging.
I had to let glass play a part, because as a previous Editor of our sister publication ‘Glass International’ I still hold a flame for the material and am very in favour of its sustainable and clean properties.
Unfortunately, within a few days I had to adjust the rules of the challenge slightly...
While I swerved the unnecessarily wrapped broccoli in favour of its plastic-free friend, there were other elements of my shop that I instead tried to make more ‘sustainable’ choices with. I know that at least by making small changes we are all contributing to a more environmentally-friendly world, but it is still…
3rd October, 2019
2nd October, 2019
30th September, 2019
27th September, 2019
26th September, 2019
- International Congress and Exhibition “Non-ferrous metals and minerals-2019”
- Focusing on the downstream will save European SMEs
- Joint aluminium associations statement to G7 leaders
- IEA recommends China’s smelters modulate energy
- Sustainable and profitable dross practices
- Why scrapping aluminium import duties will protect EU downstream
- The International Conference and Exhibition “Aluminium-21/RECYCLING” in Moscow
- Examining extrusions with Simmal
- The role of aluminium smelters in decarbonising our future