Rio Tinto: NZAS review
23rd October, 2019
Rio Tinto will conduct a strategic review of its interest in New Zealand’s Aluminium Smelter (NZAS) at Tiwai Point, to determine the operation’s ongoing viability and competitive position.
Record recycling rates
22nd October, 2019
The latest recycling data, released by the Environment Agency today, reports the strongest ever quarter for aluminium packaging.
GHI: New rotary tilting furnace
21st October, 2019
GHI starts-up a 30 ton tilting rotary furnace for aluminium recycling in the new facility of Latem Aluminium in Villadangos, Spain.
Latest issue: Sept/Oct 2019
Pack it in
I set myself a challenge this month. That challenge was to only buy products that came in either aluminium or glass packaging.
I had to let glass play a part, because as a previous Editor of our sister publication ‘Glass International’ I still hold a flame for the material and am very in favour of its sustainable and clean properties.
Unfortunately, within a few days I had to adjust the rules of the challenge slightly...
While I swerved the unnecessarily wrapped broccoli in favour of its plastic-free friend, there were other elements of my shop that I instead tried to make more ‘sustainable’ choices with. I know that at least by making small changes we are all contributing to a more environmentally-friendly world, but it is still…
7th October, 2019
4th October, 2019
3rd October, 2019
3rd October, 2019
2nd October, 2019
- International Congress and Exhibition “Non-ferrous metals and minerals-2019”
- Focusing on the downstream will save European SMEs
- Joint aluminium associations statement to G7 leaders
- IEA recommends China’s smelters modulate energy
- Sustainable and profitable dross practices
- Why scrapping aluminium import duties will protect EU downstream
- The International Conference and Exhibition “Aluminium-21/RECYCLING” in Moscow
- Examining extrusions with Simmal
- The role of aluminium smelters in decarbonising our future