A new record level
22nd February, 2024
The latest report by Metal Packaging Europe and European Aluminium shows that the Aluminium beverage can recycling achieved a new record level of 570,000 tonnes, saving 4,7 million tonnes CO2eq.
Opening of new center
21st February, 2024
The Surface Treatment global business unit of BASF’s Coatings division, operating under the Chemetall brand, celebrated the opening of its new Global Aluminum Competence Center in Giussano, Italy today. The state-of-the-art facility will strengthen Chemetall’s position as a global supplier of solutions for the surface treatment of aluminium.
ABB secures order
21st February, 2024
ABB has won an order from aluminium furnace builder GNA alutech, an Ebner® Group member. Four electromagnetic stirrers (AL-EMS) will contribute to a major expansion for a U.S. aluminium manufacturer.
Latest issue: Jan/Feb 2024
With the announcement of the return of the Future Aluminium Forum due to take place in Istanbul from the 21st - 23rd May, 2024, this issue draws on the theme of innovation and sustainability with an exclusive feature on the largest solar thermal project in history and more information from the ASI on launching the 1.5 Degree Aligned Target Setting Method
The Future Aluminium Forum was originally developed to explore the transformational impact of digital technologies in the aluminium manufacturing processes. By hosting this next edition in Istanbul, we will be looking to uncover the potential to revolutionise the industry in Turkey and the surrounding regions. Hope to see you there!
Front cover courtesy of Granco Clark
- Decarbonisation – using oxygen now to reduce carbon emissions
- 2023 in review: Every Can Counts reflects on its UK highlights
- The Rock and Roll of continuous furnace aluminium log homogenisation monitoring
- Safety habits: The true cost
- In the eye of the storm? Commodities firms are running out of time to get ahead on sustainability
- Scaling circularity: How to reach decarbonization goals
- Recent milestones, and those to come
- Benkam Alu Extrusions
- Changes in behaviour and formalised collection systems will strengthen aluminium can recyclability