Rio Tinto partners with Schneider Electric
23rd June, 2021
Rio Tinto and Schneider Electric have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) for a first of its kind collaboration to develop a circular and sustainable market ecosystem for both companies and their customers.
UK anti-dumping investigation
22nd June, 2021
European Aluminium, the single voice of the entire aluminium value chain in Europe, welcomes the UK investigation into aluminium extrusions originating in China that was opened by the UK’s Trade Remedies Authority on 21 June 2021.
22nd June, 2021
The license will allow the operation of the deposit, called DRS2, after the installation phase and all commissioning tests are approved by environmental agencies.
Latest issue: May/June 2021
Supporting the hard-to-abate sectors
I’m apparently writing this column on ‘Earth Day’. It’s not a day I usually celebrate or know much about, but Google alerted me to the fact and then I fell down a virtual rabbit hole, looking at all of the other annual celebratory days that have worked their way onto our calendars.
It seems fitting as once again, this issue’s news pages are filled with stories of new sustainable technologies, low carbon announcements and commitments to net-zero targets.
As industries become more accountable for their environmental impact, at Quartz Business Media (QBM) we are working to develop more programmes, events and platforms where the aluminium industry can share best practices and also gain insight from other…
2nd June, 2021
1st June, 2021
- Innovative approach for recycling
- The significant contribution by Continuus-Properzi to a greener aluminium chain
- Why aluminium will be at the forefront of the post-COVID-19 housing boom
- Effective risk mitigation with Computer Vision AI
- TOMRA Sorting Recycling to showcase leading technology
- Technology in manufacturing: Why innovation must never stop
- TAHA analyses its carbon footprint
- Aluminium Industry in Australia
- The possibility of a low carbon economy through aluminium