Recycling targets exceeded
22nd January, 2020
Provisional data published by the Environment Agency (10th January) has indicated that aluminium has exceeded the 2019 packaging recycling target of 112,200 tonnes (61%); the data reports 114,748 tonnes collected for recycling, an impressive 15% increase on 2018.
22nd January, 2020
Garnalex has been awarded the ‘Made in Britain’ mark of provenance.
ASI certifies Alba
20th January, 2020
Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI) has announced that Aluminium Bahrain B.S.C. (Alba) has been successfully certified against ASI’s Performance Standard for responsible production, sourcing and stewardship of aluminium.
Latest issue: Jan/Feb 2020
How safe is your plant?
Safety is always a top priority across the aluminium manufacturing industry. Companies are praised for their high standards and we are regularly made aware of milestones reached, while lengthy working times without LTI’s are celebrated.
But as we move towards a digital value chain, are we aware of the increasing need to protect plants and workers from online and cyber threats?
Statistics released at the end of last year suggest that the average cost of a data breach in 2020 is now expected to exceed $150 million. It’s likely this is as a result of there now being more than 200 billion connected devices on our single planet.
Over the last three years and while working to develop the Future Aluminium Forum,…
10th January, 2020
8th January, 2020
- Infrasound innovates the manufacturing industry with a completely new cooling method
- Read the full interview with Nadine Bloxsome, Editor, AIT, featured in the AlCircle Middle East Focus 2020 Magazine
- ICSOBA 2019 Conference Review
- Euro PM2019 Congress & Exhibition Makes a Great Celebration in Maastricht
- International Congress and Exhibition “Non-ferrous metals and minerals-2019”
- Focusing on the downstream will save European SMEs
- Joint aluminium associations statement to G7 leaders
- IEA recommends China’s smelters modulate energy
- Eurasian Resources Group to further reinforce its aluminium business