Alcoa Spanish update
11th August, 2020
The last meeting of the formal consultation period for collective dismissal at the Company’s San Ciprián aluminium plant in Spain ended on August 4, 2020, without an agreement with the workers’ representatives.
AAC Tariff response
10th August, 2020
The Aluminium Association of Canada (AAC) is very disappointed that the US has levied new tariffs on Canadian aluminium, just as the new trade agreement between Canada, the US and Mexico (CUSMA) has come into force.
US levy on Canada aluminium
7th August, 2020
According to reports, US President Donald Trump has reimposed a 10% tariff on some Canadian aluminium products, saying it was done to protect US industry.
Latest issue: July/August 2020
We will meet again
Our top story for this issue is the news that the ALUMINIUM 2020 Show, which was due to take place in October has followed in the footsteps of a number of other industry events and made the decision to postpone until May 2021.
This is never an easy decision to make, as we know from the Future Aluminium Forum, but it has to be right for all involved and the health and safety of exhibitors and visitors is of course paramount.
While networking is still limited to Zoom calls and we are all guilty of snooping into colleagues spare bedroom backdrops on video chats, it is clear that we are living in very different times. We are all more connected than ever, but our interaction is limited.
Everyone has had to adapt in a certain way, whether this…
- OTTO JUNKER supplies pusher furnace
- Focus on: Circular Aluminium Action Plan
- Will automation rule over human interaction thanks to Coronavirus?
- Aluminium closures continue to win new friends in Europe
- Manufacturing and the Low Touch Economy
- Aluminium Industry: Optimism lies ahead post-COVID
- Pioneering grain refiner could change the industry
- Anodized aluminium surfaces may help minimise surface pathogen collection
- The benefits of installing aluminium bi-folding doors in a home