Aluminium International Today Issue
Recent years have seen the aluminium industry become more committed to sustainable efforts across the supply chain.
The introduction of the Aluminium Stewardship Initiative has seen more attention on responsible production and in particular a focus on critical issues like greenhouse gas emissions and waste management.
It is exciting to see this initiative begin to show the fruits of its labour, with the first ASI aluminium expected this year.
There are a number of other ‘green’ news items that have made it into the ‘top stories’ this month and the announcement of new low-carbon products show the industry is continuing to develop ways to reduce its environmental impact.
This is especially important for upstream industries, which are renowned for being energy intensive.
This issue continues the environmental theme with an article from Hydro, which highlights how the new technology pilot is breaking ground in energy consumption.
There is also a feature from the Sustainability Director at Novelis, which focuses on creating sustainable value through customer collaboration.
I hope you enjoy this issue and don’t forget, there is still time to register to attend the Future Aluminium Forum in Milan in May. Join us to find out what the future holds for the industry and how you can be a part of it!
Editor, Aluminium International Today
- Hydro’s new technology pilot: Breaking new ground in energy consumption
- Increasing the energy efficiency of aluminium smelting
- Mission accomplished: The last of the stored SPL at the Tomago Aluminium Smelter
MINING & REFINING
- Mining their own business
- ALUDIUM: Building an agile organisation with a global presence
- The shape of things to come
- Hot metal gas forming of aluminium: An impactful process
PRODUCTS & PROJECTS
- Electric vehicles and the potential for lightweight aluminium applications
- BLOODHOUND is GO!
- Taster page