CRU's World Aluminium Conference attracts a global audience of influential delegates involved in smelting, recycling, rolling, extruding, trade, raw materials, purchasing, technology and finance; attracting over 400 delegates from 30 countries last time the event was hosted in the U.A.E.
The conference gives attendees first hand insights into CRU’s forecasts on the bauxite, alumina and primary markets and is widely acknowledged for the quality of the presentations from senior industry figures, high-level networking and the business opportunities that arise from annual meetings.
Speaker contributions at this year’s event include:
• Alf Barrios, Chief Executive, Rio Tinto Alcan
• Abdulla J M Kalban, CEO and Managing Director, Emirates Global Aluminium
• Tim Murray, CEO, Aluminium Bahrain (alba)
• Bob Wilt, President, Alcoa Global Primary Products
• Thomas Walpole, Senior Vice President, Aluminium SBU, Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma'aden)
• Ron Knapp, Secretary General, International Aluminium Institute
• Takayoshi Nakano, Director, Member of the Board, Managing Executive Officer, UACJ
• Tato Miraza, Chief Executive Officer, PT Antam
• Steve Hodgson, Director of Sales & Marketing, RUSAL
• Paul Williams, Head of Aluminium, CRU
Attendees will also benefit from a fireside chat with William Hovis, Chief Procurement Officer, Bottling Investments Group of The Coca-Cola Company, who will lead a discussion on 'A consumer’s perspective of the aluminium and packaging market'.
Also hear the CRU view on shapes, semi’s and premiums; estimating China’s increasing needs in bauxite and the mid to long term supply outlook; trends in automotive body sheet; and a look at margins at each end of the value chain – how are they moving and which sectors are most profitable?
Two workshops will take place on the opening day of the conference focusing on "Aluminium vs. competing materials - which way will the tide turn?" with CRU's analysts and a "Price risk management" workshop hosted by Gulf Extrusions. There will also be two site visits on offer to the EMAL – Al Taweelah Plant and to the Gulf Extrusion’s factory.
CRU’s World Aluminium Conference will take place on 11-13 May 2015 at the Madinat Jumeirah in Dubai. For more information about the event visit www.worldaluminiumconference.com