The Alufoil Trophy is now recognised as the most highly valued award in the sector, with categories covering every aspect of aluminium foil and closures use. Applications include packaging, construction and automotive, as well as industrial and decorative applications.
Entries are accepted from packaging designers, brand owners, foil rollers, foil converters, foil container manufacturers, closure manufacturers, household foil manufacturers, retailers, and industrial solution providers; including combined entries from any of these disciplines. Interested consumers and consumer groups or associations may also enter.
The competition categories are:
- Marketing + Design: Entrants should deliver real improvements to graphic and structural packaging design, ergonomics and ideas that lead to greater shelf appeal at point-of-sale, as well as industrial design applications.
- Consumer Convenience: Answering calls for improved technical performance that provide real benefits to the consumer.
- Resource Efficiency: Sustainable environmental performance is among the foremost challenges faced by industry. Developments should provide real benefits and demonstrate environmental and commercial advantages whether in consumer or industrial applications.
- Product preservation: Consumers are increasingly demanding fewer preservatives in food and this is where packaging can really come into its own by delivering products safely and hygienically.
- Technical Innovation: The development of innovative ideas should provide benefits for the brand owner, retailer, consumer and industrial user through the performance of a material, a manufacturing method or conversion process. Announcing the opening of the competition
Guido Aufdemkamp, EAFA’s Executive Director said, “Entries are always of a high standard and our judging panel, drawn from both the industry and end users, is always challenged to pick the ‘best of the best’. We expect this year to be no exception and look forward, once again, to recognise true excellence in aluminium foil and closures innovation.”
Entries will be accepted from now until the deadline of 20 November 2015. More details and applications forms are available on www.alufoil.org.